[Techtalk] iPod with Linux

David Sumbler david at aeolia.co.uk
Sat Jun 12 00:25:25 EST 2004

I've been working away from home for the last couple of weeks or so.
On such occasions I tend to preserve my sanity(?) by listening to
music on my Sony Discman.  But it will no longer work on batteries, so
I always have to be within a few feet of a mains power point.

I don't know whether a Sony dealer will even consider trying to repair
it, but in any case I'm wondering whether I should cut my losses and
by an iPod.  I'm worried, though, about how difficult it might be to
get the iPod to work with my Linux PC.

Does anybody have any advice on this?

David