[Techtalk] PGP siging mail

Teri Solow tsolow at terisolow.com
Sun Jun 6 12:02:45 EST 2004

The purpose of this message is twofold: first, to see what happens
when I send a PGP-signed mail to the list, and to find out whether
this annoys anyone, or whether anyone cannot read it (in which case I
don't expect many replies).

Secondly, I'm wondering about your opinions regarding signing all
mail, including work email (which you can pretty much guarantee will
be read by people using Outlook).  I have heard that some mail clients
(most notably Outlook) do not understand multipart/signed attachments,
and will for some reason make the body of an email only viewable as an
attachment in the case where it receives attachments it doesn't
understand.  Of course, I'm not sure how old that information is, and
for all I know it ceased to be valid years ago.  But that's what I'm
asking all of you for- to get feedback from people who likely have
more experience than I do.  :)

--
(n_	Teri Solow
//\	http://terisolow.com

Power is danger.
		-- The Centurion, "Balance of Terror", stardate 1709.2