[Techtalk] Re: [Issues] DNS question

dave lc at syberdave.net
Wed Jun 2 15:41:39 EST 2004

My apologies for sending this to the wrong list.

The methods you both described do not work for me. My registrar does not accept an IP for a nameserver, and there are no options for me to "register" a nameserver.

But, I dug around in the FAQ and found this:
>  What is a Glue Domain?
>
> If your Name Server is in the same zone as your domain it is called a Glue Domain.
> A glue record is an A Record that specifies the address of the server.

 -- SNIP --
> To do this, please create a subdomain "ns.domain-of-your-choice.com" and assign an
> IP Address to it. Once the IP Address has propogated you can assign
> "ns.domain-of-your-choice.com" as the DNS for your domain
> "domain-of-your-choice.com".
 - http://faq.1and1.com/domains/dns_settings_/14.html

Is this valid information?

Thank you.