[Techtalk] favorite desktop/browser RSS aggregator

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Fri Jul 30 14:47:33 EST 2004

B N writes:
> We've been talking at work about how to keep on top of various
> technical subjects.  One idea I liked was to use a RSS aggregator to
> get feeds from your favorite news and technical sites.
[ ... ]
> Do people have other favorite aggregators that are desktop apps or
> browser plugins?

I don't, because I use sitescooper (sitescooper.org) to read various
tech sites, then turn it into a format suitable for reading on a PDA
(I use Plucker, plkr.org, on a Clie running PalmOS, but it can also
do non-free isilo, or html or plaintext).  Sitescooper understands
RSS, but for most sites I just use the html version (though lately a
lot of sites seem to be reorganizing their content so that diff
between one day and the next doesn't work right, so I may have to
look into using the RSS feeds more).

	...Akkana