[Techtalk] stripping attachments with postfix

Dominik Schramm dominik.schramm at gmxpro.net
Sun Jul 25 18:19:23 EST 2004

Carla Schroder <carla at bratgrrl.com> writes:

> On Friday 23 July 2004 11:03 pm, Carla Schroder wrote:
>
> This is supposed to work as a global Windows executable rejecter:
>
> /^TVqQAAMAAAAEAAA/ REJECT

Decoded, this is:

$ echo -n TVqQAAMAAAAEAAA= | mimencode -b -u | hexdump -c
0000000   M   Z 220  \0 003  \0  \0  \0 004  \0  \0
000000b
$

This means, this regex will only catch compiled Windows binaries,
because they share the bytes "MZ" (I'm not so sure about the rest)
at the very beginning.

What you won't catch is the script file types like cmd, bat, vbs,
wsh, etc., and the Office document types (when looking for possible
Macro viruses) doc, xls, etc.

dominik