[Techtalk] Knowledgebase software?

Liz Young liz at kandew.net
Sat Jul 24 12:18:13 EST 2004

I have a small Tech Consulting business and need a database or something
to keep track of the work I'm doing.  Everything so far is on treeware.
I have lots of notes, and a few server log books.  As time goes on,
it's harder and harder to search the existing data for an old fix when
I _know_ the issue is a repeat.  My memory buffer is too small, darn
it.  Ideally, the data would be portable, like taking the client's
folder with me, but in digital format on my laptop.

Been using SQL-Ledger 2+ years for invoicing, so already have a postgres
db with client accounting info.  Anyone in a similar situation have
recommendations or suggestions?

Thanks,
Lizzie