[Techtalk] WHY everyone should use Linux

Listpig listpig at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 21 19:52:40 EST 2004

Having just answered this and doing further digging, I find ThinkFree also
does a Linux version.

I've not used in in Win/Lin environments, but the only problems I've seen in
a Mac environment with MSOffice docs is that it sometimes doesn't seem to
quite grasp what fonts it was meant to use.  Other than that, it seems to be
quite seamless.

Includes Word, Excel and PowerPoint type apps, but no Access or email type
apps.  This may be because I believe they started as primarily a Mac
product, and Mac MSOffice doesn't include a db app either.  (Microsoft has
said they see no reason to take on FileMaker Pro.)

--pig