[Techtalk] Version Control Systems

Jennifer Scalf jscalf at pegasus.rutgers.edu
Thu Jul 15 17:50:14 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 15:32, sirp1 wrote:
> What about bitkeeper or perforce? I have only poked around with perforce
> minimally and it may not be open source (not sure) but I understand it
> is easy to set up and maintain. It fairly easy to use from a developer's
> aspect -- though I am not sure about the renaming thing.
>
> Jenn

I believe we'd have to pay for either of those because we're a
university.

It's for the central system people at the university, of which there are
at max 5, and we feel we'd rather use and then contribute to an open
source and free program rather than pay (translation: we have no money).

Also we are all about free software and giving back to the community, so
we do contribute to the software we use, I'm not just trying to say
we're cheap. But if you can get it for free, why pay? ;)

Jennifer