[Techtalk] 802.1q VLAN and routing problem?

Jennifer Mehl jmehl at physics.ucsb.edu
Fri Jan 30 12:01:00 EST 2004

Thanks, but unfortunately, ip forwarding is not it.

I'm not trying to make this box into a router.  I'm trying to get it to look at the 3 VLANS on the 1 interface as 3 separate interfaces and respond to pings like any regular multi-homed box does.

I think this is a route problem.

I have also read that some HP switches require that the MAC addresses be unique on each VLAN interface ... so I'm going to try that as well.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated as well...

Jennifer

Jennifer L. Mehl
Senior Systems Administrator
University of California, Santa Barbara