[Techtalk] Noob Evolution Question

EevaJärvinen eeva.jarvinen1 at luukku.com
Thu Jan 29 13:11:29 EST 2004

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 09:31:41AM +1100, Rasjid Wilcox wrote:
> In a related variant, I used Robin Whittle's "How I did it" (with some minor
> adjustments) to get a working Postfix / Maildrop / Courier IMAP setup on my
> SuSE 8.2 box (his instructions of for RH9.0).
>
> This setup has the following features:
> * Mail is stored in maildir format (+ or - depending on your perspective)
> * All filtering rules are kept regardless of mail-client
> * Mail folders are independant of mail client
> * Maildrop is easier to configure than Procmail

Do remember that "easier to configure" is very user-dependent.  I
tried postfix, and almost tore my hair out before realizing I could
use sendmail instead.  Ditto for maildrop/procmail.  Somehow, I find
all these old-school Unix utilities to be almost friendly...  but
then, I used to program in forth, and I write plain TeX.  I'm slowly
learning Python as a nod to modernity, and to replace awk.

Eeva

--
Ei elämä ole vaikeaa,
se on mahdotonta.  Ja se tapahtuu.