[Techtalk] Internationalization issues

Dan Richter daniel.richter at wimba.com
Mon Jan 19 19:36:11 EST 2004

>>>Does anyone have experience with internationalization?
 >
> Joel on Software did a piece about character encodings recently
> which is rather good.

I've found it: "The Absolute Minimum Every Software Developer
Absolutely, Positively Must Know About Unicode and Character Sets (No
Excuses!)":

    Presumably, we're all fully qualified computer nerds here,
    so we are allowed to use "access" as a verb. Be advised,
    however, that the practice in common usage drives
    English-language purists to scowling fidgets.
       - from Sybex's "Perl, CGI and JavaScript", p. 256