[Techtalk] Internationalization issues

Dan Richter daniel.richter at wimba.com
Mon Jan 19 13:37:42 EST 2004

An O'Reilly interview[1] with the developers of Plone includes this quote:

 > We've been very focused on internationalization from the outset -
 > it's not something you can easily retrofit into your application
 > afterward, as most US companies painfully discover when they try
 > to conquer the EU markets.

Does anyone have experience with internationalization? Besides the
obvious fact that you can't hard-code any text, what kinds of issues arise?

[1] http://osdir.com/Article199.phtml

--
    Many countries, including France, observed three minutes of
    silence in honor of the victims of the 2001 terrorist attacks.