[Techtalk] Solved (most probably) issue with Cygwin

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Sat Jan 17 12:16:00 EST 2004

On Saturday 17 January 2004 05:07, =F1=D2=CF=D3=CC=C1=D7 =E6=C5=C4=C5=D7=C9=
=DE wrote:
> Hello people here,
>
> if someone else had the problem and is interested: to build anything under
> cygwin, you must have w32api package installed... Just found out. Will try
> on Monday.

I don't think this is quite true.  Many unix programs compile 'out of the b=
ox'=20
on Cygwin, and since none of them make Windows API calls, I don't think the=
y=20
would require the w32api package.  They will, however, require the=20
cygwin1.dll to run.

However, it is certainly true that to make a native windows executable you=
=20
need the w32api package.  You also need to pass the -mno-cygwin flag to gcc=
=2E =20
See http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_4.html#SEC97

Also see http://www.mingw.org/index.shtml for a similar project that provid=
es=20