OpenOffice: Adding icons to the toolbar (was Re: [Techtalk] OpenOffice.org wizards: how do I...)

Tracey Clark grrliegeek at elenari.net
Thu Jan 15 15:19:18 EST 2004

And it was said by Sue Stones-->
> Well I know it may not be the most comon way to use a word processor,
> but I am  trying to use it to write maths expressions. (snip)

The suggestion to use the Math Functions was excellent. I'm currently
using this to write my Math homework for college. To be able to quickly
bring this function up, if you use it a lot like I do, create an icon for
it on your toolbar.

Right click on the toolbar and select Customize
On the left, expand the category "Insert".
Scroll down to "Insert OpenOffice Math Object"
On the right hand side, use the drop down to select the toolbar you want
to put this icon in.
Use the Add button to insert this icon on your toolbar.

You can also use this to put the Insert Special Character icon (or any
other icon) on your toolbar.

--
Tracey
Linux Counter #264789

"Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a completely
unintentional side effect." - Linus Torvalds, New York Times, 28 Sept 03