[Techtalk] re: printer problems

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Wed Jan 14 21:28:44 EST 2004

On Wednesday 14 January 2004 19:57, Berenice Chong wrote:
> On 7 Jan 2004, Meredydd suggested:
> ... lpd is running but I've found the problem seems to be coming
> from a shared library, ie:
>
> cupsd: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.4: cannot open

Off the top of my head I'd suggest checking that openssl (and possibly
openssl-devel) are installed. Try
$ rpm -qa | grep ssl
or
$ locate libssl.so
(or both) to look for them.

If there are there, then you could try a symlink from what it is after
(libssl.so.4) to what is there.  Given that it is already broken, it can't
really make things worse.  :-)

Cheers,

Rasjid.

--