[Techtalk] re: printer problems

Berenice Chong showercurtain2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 01:57:51 EST 2004

On 7 Jan 2004, Meredydd suggested:

>Is lpd started? Could well be that you need to do an
>"/etc/rc.d/init.d/something start" ("something" being "print" or
>"lpd" or something like that) to start your daemon up. If this
works, >then make a symlink to that init script in the appropriate
rcN.d/ >directory for your runlevel.

Yep, lpd is running but I've found the problem seems to be coming
from a shared library, ie:

cupsd: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.4: cannot open

I've searched google about this but couldn't get a straight answer as
to why this occurs.  Can anyone help?

thanks
Berenice