[Techtalk] Very lightweight spreadsheet?

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Sun Feb 22 12:12:05 EST 2004

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 01:09:03PM -0500 or thereabouts, Erin Mulder wrote:
> Does anyone know of a barebones spreadsheet equivalent to KWrite?
>
> There are lots of times when I'd like to jot down some thoughts in
> tabular form (e.g. a categorized to-do list) and don't want the
> hassle/overhead of OpenOffice or Excel.
>
> I just want to be able to:
>   - enter plain text in a grid
>   - sort by particular columns
>   - save to a CSV or tab-delimited file
>
> The fewer extra features it has, the better.

I just edit a text file called to-do. Or todo, because I can never
remember which it is. Which results in two of them, out of sync :)

There is a Gnome-based tool called Mr Project (which may have
been renamed to Planner or something like that) which might
fit your needs. If you are already running Gnome or perhaps
even just Gtk-based stuff, it shouldn't add any more overhead.

Telsa