[Techtalk] PHP not finding a function

Katie Bechtold katie at katie-and-rob.org
Thu Feb 19 13:55:18 EST 2004

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 11:51:54AM -0600, Aaron Malone wrote:
> Take a look at your php.ini file (in debian
> sid, this is at /etc/php4/apache/php.ini; I'm not sure about woody).  If
> there is a line like:
> ;extension=mcrypt.so
> then remove the semicolon (which comments out the line).  If there is no
> such line, then add one (without the semicolon, of course).

That line already appeared in my php.ini, uncommented.

> Alternatively, you can load that module explicitly in your PHP code,
> like so:
> <?php dl("mcrypt.so"); ?>

I added this an now I get this message from the PHP script:

Warning: dl(): Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib/php4/20020429/mcrypt.so' -
/usr/lib/php4/20020429/mcrypt.so: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mcrypt_module_open()

--
Katie Bechtold         http://katie-and-rob.org/

Marriage is not merely sharing the fettucine, but sharing the
burden of finding the fettucine restaurant in the first place.
		-- Calvin Trillin