[Techtalk] List Archives ?

Fred H Olson fholson at cohousing.org
Wed Feb 18 23:54:56 EST 2004

> > On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 :
> On Mon, Feb 09, 2004, MList wrote:
> > Hi, does techtalk have an archive. i would just like to search for
> > some information....

> http://linuxchix.org/pipermail/techtalk/
>
> linked from

I don't see a search facility for the archives, but you can
use  http://www.google.com to search the linuxchix archives
by adding to your search target:

site:http://linuxchix.org

Or you could use their advanced search form and add
http://linuxchix.org
to the " Only return results from the site or domain" box.

You might get hits from other lists at linuxchix; I dont think
there is a way to restrict hits to a specific directory.

Fred  who is a "no mail" mode subscriber but intends to browse the
      archives periodically.  Anyone know a relatively easy way to
      create html which would appear (rendered) as something like:

      Linuxchix/techtalk   last browsed: 2/18/04    Update browse date.

      And indeed the second underlined bit is a link that would modify the
      date on the line?  (The page would reside on my computer.)

--
Fred H. Olson  Minneapolis,MN 55411        (near north Mpls)
fholson at cohousing.org   612-588-9532 (7am-10pm Cent time)