Subject: Re: [Techtalk] adding second hard drive

raen7 at ihug.com.au raen7 at ihug.com.au
Sun Feb 8 01:27:47 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 03:15, Kai MacTane wrote:

>> The BIOS sees it, but... 4GB? It seems odd that you'd add a 4GB drive to a
>> machine that already had a 60GB drive in it. Could the BIOS be defaulting
> to non-LBA addressing or something along those lines?
>>
> >                                                 --Kai MacTane

>The 4gb drives contains lots of .wav files, samples and loops etc that I
>need to use on my new computer. This is the only reason I need to
>install this 4gb drive, so I can mount it, and copy all my audio files
>and then remove it.

I have no idea what the LILO problem could be. I have previoulsy run an ide
primary slave hdb under SuSE 8.2 and it all booted under GRUB. But I found it
a quite unporatble way of doing things so I bought a hard drive encapsule
USB2.0 storage device about $80AUD. If you search the archive there is a link
to the one I bought. I have 3 spare hard drives and can swap them around and
hot plug them as I please. If you look and have trouble finding the link
email me and I will dig it out from my mail.

This may be an easier way of getting around what you want.
Raena

PS This reminds me. The instructions intsalling the hard drive in the storage
device are a hoot. One of those very weird translations to English.

"HDD Assembles Elucidation
...Is good with machine plank according to the right method conjunction with
the hard dish, lock the tight and HDD, cover the upper cover, can immediately
trust the usage"

"Dish" is not my typo.
I must scan it at work and pop it on the Girl Talk list. It would make a nice
signature.