[Techtalk] writing to ntfs?

Tracey Clark grrliegeek at elenari.net
Fri Feb 6 18:15:23 EST 2004

And it was said by Rasjid Wilcox-->
> On Saturday 07 February 2004 08:10, Tracey Clark wrote:
>> "But in 99% of the cases where
>> someone is going to use it, they _will_ already have Windows
>> installed on the same system, and so the licensing issue is not
>> really a huge problem.
>>  (Why else would you have an NTFS partition around?)"
>>
>> Unfortunately, there are people who will burn copies of legal or
>> illegally cracked versions of Windows for other people. (snip)
>
> Sure, there are plenty of people with unlicensed copies of Windows.
> However,  I think my argument still holds, with the following details
> added for  clarity:

*snip* I think we're running into a language issue. You said
>> "But in 99% of the cases where
>> someone is going to use it, they _will_ already have Windows
>> installed on the same system, and so the licensing issue is not
>> really a huge problem.

While I agree with you that the technical issues are not a problem for
the user, the *licensing* still may be a problem, contrary to what you
said. IANAL.

--
Tracey
Linux Counter #264789

"Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a completely
unintentional side effect." - Linus Torvalds, New York Times, 28 Sept 03