[Techtalk] writing to ntfs?

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Fri Feb 6 11:33:02 EST 2004

johnston at pat.biochem.ucl.ac.uk wrote:
> I had to reinstall windows XP and it's now ntfs rather than vfat. I saved some
> files on my linux partition, but it won't let me write to the windows partition
> anymore. I'm kinda new at this, can anyone help?!

There are two sites to look at:

The Linux-NTFS Project (http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/) and

Captive (http://www.jankratochvil.net/project/captive/)

The latter claims to be "The first free NTFS read/write filesystem for
GNU/Linux", since in the former the write support is still highly
experimental (ie, will probably corrupt your data if used).

I can't provide much more info, since I've never actually played with
either.

Cheers,

Rasjid.