[Techtalk] mutt config issue: copying instead of moving messages

John Stoneham lyric.techtalk at lyrically.net
Sat Aug 14 23:04:56 EST 2004

> I just recently switched to using mutt as my MUA.

Hooray!

> Well, occasionally, I want to save a few pearls of wisdom to mailboxes that
> I maintain to group stuff by topic. ...  So, I tag the desired messages,
> and then type ";s+mboxname" which nicely achieves what I want, *except*
> that it marks the original messages for deletion  ...

I suggest you use ;C+mboxname instead. That's capital C, for clarity. C for
copy. :)

For help on all commands you can use at any given point, just type ? and
you'll get a (rather lengthy and wordy) list.

- John

p.s. best part of Mutt is hooks. Train it with enough hooks and it'll always
know what you want to do before you do.