[Techtalk] Re: scheduling a newsreader

aec brat at magma.ca
Thu Aug 12 19:14:56 EST 2004

Hello everyone,

>From time to time I like to download video's of bands, movie trailers,
mp3's and what have you from my ISP's usenet server. My connection
is very fast, usually around 450KB/s so grabbing 2GB's if files is
trivial, however, I do have a 30gb per month limit, *unless* I
download after midnight (up to 6am I belive).

So in that time frame I could easily get what im looking for without
exceeding my limit. The problem is how? I have Pan installed and see
no obvious scheduling arrangement, but I might have just overlooked
that, I dunno. Are there any othe newsreaders you can think of
that will do what  I want?

It could be a command line reader too which is fine, as long as
I can say, "flag these headers, go get them at midnight" or
similar.

thanks..

--
Angelina Carlton