[Techtalk] Linuxchix using SPEWS?

Listpig listpig at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 9 17:48:23 EST 2004

Andrea: are you sure it was linuxchix that was using it?

Linuxchix is limited of course, by not being able to bypass whatever RBL
listings their upstream provider chooses to use, and this sounds very
familiar (and it's definitely upstream that's blocking in my case; Dancer
and I already looked at it.)

I cannot post to chix if I use my cablemodem company's SMTP server
(comcast); I have to use earthlink's authenticated SMTP server.

Looks to me like your problem is also specifically comcast, so I'd bet that
it's somewhere upstream of linuxchix that it's being blocked.

Unfortunately, there's nothing Jenn, Dancer, or any of the chix can do to
control what upstream providers choose to block.

--pig