[Techtalk] Debian help - window manager selection

Andrea Landaker qirien at icecavern.net
Sat Aug 7 15:39:41 EST 2004

> Just as unsuccesfull as finding how to get it to use KDE again. Can
> somebody tell me the magical key-clicks to get my friendly KDE back?

If you login using the login manager, you can usually choose from a drop-down
box or something which Window Manager you want to use.  For example, in KDM,
you click on Menu -> Session Type and choose which one you want.  Sometimes
it will save that as the new default for you, depending on your login
manager.

If you login at the console and then type startx, I think it looks in
your .xinitrc.  See http://www.tuxfiles.org/linuxhelp/changeman.html

Hope this helps!

--
Andrea Landaker