[Techtalk] creating a custom install image w/ custom kernel

Nicoya Helm NHELM2 at kumc.edu
Wed Apr 28 13:25:50 EST 2004

I'm entering semi-new territory in system adminstration for me, and am
having a hard time finding good documentation or figuring out how
exaclty to proceed.

 What I'm trying to accomplish is the SuSe equivalent of a kickstart
server.  I know how to use autoYASTand kickstart files to install from
standard media, but what I really want to do is install a custom kernel.
 I'm helping w/ a beowulf cluster project which is using openmosix  on
SuSe.  I'm just trying to figure out the best way to create an automated
install that provides this kernel so that the systems don't have to be
manually patched or recompiled after the fact.

Any pointers to good documentation or other suggestions are much
appreciated.

~~~Nicoya...