[Techtalk] Console Prompt Colors

Beth Johnson babayaga at resistance-is-fruitful.net
Sat Apr 24 12:26:18 EST 2004

I have a question related to the ls --colors question asked recently.
On my Gentoo system when I'm at the console as my usual user the
username part of the prompt is green, and when I su to root, the
username part of the prompt changes to red.  I *like* this feature a
bunch and would like to see it implemented on my desktop system (Fedora
Core 1).

Any clues about this?  Is is a profile function or a shell attribute, or
what?

regards,
Beth
--