[Techtalk] Domain name registrars

Teri Solow tsolow at terisolow.com
Wed Apr 21 19:39:16 EST 2004

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 06:28:01PM -0400, Trent Di Renna said:
> <de-lurking>
>
> Does anyone know a reputable domain name registrar?  I'm setting up a web
> page for a friend, and she wants her own domain name eventually, but I'm
> not sure which of the long list of registrar are actually trustworthy.
> Thanks.

I've used a couple, currently I'm a fan of RegisterFly - http://registerfly.com/ but that's mostly because it's what I saw my friends were using for their domains (not to mention they have relatively cheap transfers).

I've never had any trouble with any of my domain names, AFAIK, as long as your contact information is current and you actually paid for the domain name (not for hosting that comes with a free domain name), you should have no trouble managing your domain.  At the very least, as long as the administrative contact email points to your current email address you can always transfer to a new registrar if you find you  don't like your current one.

--
	Teri Solow
	http://terisolow.com

/* James M doesn't say fuck enough. */