[Techtalk] filtering postmaster copy

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane at xtrinsic.com
Wed Apr 14 19:02:32 EST 2004

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 04:19:01PM +0530, Devdas Bhagat wrote:
> I would be far more interested in knowing why the undeliverable bounce
> was generated in the first place. If you are accepting mail for unknown
> users and then bouncing, set local_recipient_maps correctly so that you
> don't accept that mail in the first place.

spam, spam, spam, spam...they are garbage accounts that I've since closed
down. or just garbage spam stuff like info at domainname which has never
existed.

> You can set notify_classes in main.cf so that the notifications are not
> generated, but silently discarded.

This is probably what I want to do...right now I have:
	notify_classes = bounce, delay, policy, protocol, resource, software

> If you can, run a snapshot release and set the check_sender_mx_access
> variable.

Would the latest unstable be good enough?

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
[[ 416 417 2868 ][ www.xtrinsic.com ]]