[Techtalk] dvd-rom problems

tiera tiera at comhem.se
Mon Apr 5 20:39:21 EST 2004

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 08:43:25PM +1000, Rasjid Wilcox wrote:
> Care to post the output of dmesg and /boot/grub/menu.lst (or grub.conf ... I
> think RH changed the name)?
>
> It may be that the ide-scsi driver is being used and so it now appears as a
> scsi device.

Hi!

I have no internet on that computer so I can't post the output in an
easy way. But I checked both menu.lst and grub.conf and there's
nothing with ide-scsi or similar in there. I've also used grep to look
for something with ide-scsi, scsi, ide, dvd, cd or other similar
things in the dmesg output and there's nothing.

> Rasjid.

/Tiera