[Techtalk] Problem's mounting a window's filesystem?

Rudy L. Zijlstra rudy at edsons.demon.nl
Thu Sep 25 23:28:53 EST 2003

Hamster wrote:

>On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 10:39:00 -0500 (CDT)
>"Stratis Aftousmis" <stratus at ccsi.com> wrote:
>

>>I didn't know that. I thought if you burned a cd in window's, and the
>>filesystem was FAT32, it would be like making a ISO image before buring a
>>cd in Linux.
>>

>Nope :-) At least I'm pretty sure about this. CDs use CDFS (cd filesystem).
>You'll see it called iso9660 under linux.

Yes and no. Under windows i know of no way to get something not iso9660,
under Linux you can actually use any filesystem on the CD you want to.
I've used ext2 on a  CD when making backups from a linux system on CD.
Is useful because you can save all you want without the limitations of
iso9660 and have it immediately readable.

Cheers,

Rudy