[Techtalk] Home Internet access on Linux

Brenda Bell k15a-list-linuxchix at theotherbell.com
Wed Sep 24 13:26:38 EST 2003

Quoting Dan Richter <daniel.richter at wimba.com>:

> How easy is it to get Internet access at home with a Linux machine?

I suppose it really depends on what you're using for connectivity, but my
experience has been that it's pretty darn easy.

> I'm
>
> most interested in ADSL, but using a modem might be a possibility.

My ISP gave me a 1-port Zyxel  Prestige 641 DSL router... took me less than
10 minutes to get it working.  You'll need to know a little a bit about
network configuration, but I'm pretty sure you'll get lots of help from the
chix :)

> I'm not interested in an option that requires recompiling the kernel.

I can't imagine this being a requirement unless your equipment requires
some weird kernel modules to be loaded... I think this would be highly
unusual with a DSL solution.

--
Brenda
http://opensource.theotherbell.com