[Techtalk] Mutt/Postfix/SMTP

Erinn erinn at double-helix.org
Tue Sep 23 23:24:39 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 03:42, Magni Onsoien wrote:
> There should be no need to use two servers for OUTGOING mail (unless
> your ISP is clueless or has a very strict or loose policy on who can
> send mail through their servers). I would (and actually do) use my ISP's
> SMTP-server (SMTP-relay) for outgoing mail. Your ISP should accept mail
> from your computer no matter what domain you are using as from-address,
> as long as your IP-address is within the ISP's accepted range.

Unfortunately, it appears as though my ISP is blocking SMTP-relay on
port 25. I didn't find this out until today while working on the setup
some more. I'm not sure what kinds of workarounds are available for this
(if any.) I'll have to google some more..

Thanks for your advice (and everyone else who replied.)

Erinn