[Techtalk] Mutt/Postfix/SMTP

Erinn erinn at double-helix.org
Tue Sep 23 02:58:57 EST 2003

Hi everyone.

I'm in the process of converting to mutt and because of this, have
decided to set Postfix up to send mail. I have a few questions
pertaining to the setup and have not found anything really helpful
online as it appears Postfix kind of assumes you are either:

a) Sending mail from your own mailserver.

b) Sending mail from only one mailserver.

I receive (and send) mail from two domains. One is through my hosting
company, the other my ISP. As far as I can tell, there is no way to
really set this up. I have fetchmail setup to receive mail from both
domains (lets say mail.example1.com and mail.example2.com)

Is there any way I can specify that I'd like to send mail via both of
these domains or should I just use Mutt to more or less forge the From:
header so that it appears I sent mail from one address when it's
actually going through a different server? Is that even possible?

Apologies for any cluelessness, this MUA/MTA stuff is new to me. Thanks
in advance for any help.

Erinn