[Techtalk] monitoring realtime stuffs on F1 console

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Sat Sep 20 19:25:47 EST 2003

On Saturday 20 September 2003 4:34 pm, Conor Daly wrote:
> Try booting to text-only mode (runlevel 3 on RH,
> runlevel 2 on debian?).  Login and then do 'startx'.  You should get some
> of the diagnostics you mentioned back on tty1 at that stage.
>
> Conor

You are a firken genius, that's exactly what was happening. I was getting all
bogged down in gettys and pseudoterminals, because that's one of those things
I've been successfully ignoring all these years, and finally decided it was
time to learn about the dern things.

Amazing how often it's a silly simple answer. :) And now I get to see the
incredible volume of KDE chatter- geez it's a chatterbox.

--
Carla Schroder