[Techtalk] Re: Help! Apache startssl Dies Silently?

Kai MacTane kmactane at GothPunk.com
Fri Sep 19 10:52:38 EST 2003

At 9/19/03 10:10 AM , gab wrote:

>I just had the same experience, but it was my first time installing
>apache + mod_ssl + php, so take this for what it's worth.  (Talk about
>an evil morass.  The lack of error messages was really a pain.)

Yeah, I'm finding that to be the case, too.

>It turned out that mod_ssl hadn't compiled correctly for us.
>
>What I had to do was:
>[big list of stuff]
>make, make install, do the happy dance because it's finally working.

This should be interesting. I'll have to figure out how to insert a static
mod_perl in there, but I think I can figure that out.

I'll let you know if it works or not. Thanks for the tip!

                                                 --Kai MacTane