[Techtalk] Courier-IMAP

Michelle Murrain tech at murrain.net
Thu Sep 18 14:30:06 EST 2003

I'm setting up an interesting system - using virtual accounts with
postfix-mysql and courier IMAP.

I've hit a snag. I figured that before I got fancy, and hooked mysql
into the loop, I'd just get postfix and courier working to deliver and
grab regular old mail.

I'm having a problem with Courier authdaemon (they say this is the
thorniest part in the docs).

For a while, I just used their same list of possible auth modules:
authmodulelist="authcustom authcram authuserdb authldap authpgsql
authmysql authpam"

authdaemonrc would start, but in the performance test, the user wasn't
found. I found a reference to authpwd and authshadow, and I tried that,
and now the authdaemonrc won't start. (And it still won't start even if
I go back to the original version of the file!).

And I get just the line AUTHFAILURE but no error messages that would be
helpful at all.

Any suggestions?
--
.Michelle
tech at murrain.net
http://www.murrain.net
ph:413-253-2874
cell:413-222-6350
AIM:pearlbear0 Y!:pearlbear9 ICQ:129250575

"Windows is not ready for the Internet" - comment on security blog