[Techtalk] Looking into buying an old computer.

Stratis Aftousmis stratus at ccsi.com
Wed Sep 17 17:22:05 EST 2003

Hey all, i'm semi new to this list..;)
I was looking into buying an old computer, on this site i found a system
that used to run unix, it was the AT&T 3B2, so i found out some info on
it, found a vendor that is looking for one for me. He asked the
configuration i wanted for it. Not knowing much about this type of
computer, i found a configuration online for the 3B2/300

http://www.eps.ufsc.br/~gio/cmuseum/att3b2.htm
<snip>
This particular 3B2 has 2 megs RAM, a 30 meg hard drive, and a 720Kb 5¼"
floppy drive. It's currently running version 3 point something of System V
UNIX.
</snip>

How easy would this be to install another operating system, what do i need?
Any reply's would be greeted with raw cherry's. :)

stratis.

--
www.ccsi.com/~stratus
stratus at ccsi.com

"What is complex to one, is not to another."
~In the beginning there was the command line: by Neal Stephenson