[Techtalk] postfix reload (Was: filtering spam with spamassassin)

showercurtain showercurtain2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 14 19:51:44 EST 2003

On Friday, September 12, 2003, 12:09:28 PM, Carla Schroder wrote:
> On Thursday 11 September 2003 9:03 pm, showercurtain wrote:

>> Another problem is configuring postfix to use an rbl database.
Will
>> this cause any disruptions with sending and receiving mail?

> No, because it works at the DNS level it is very fast. The blocked
messages never hit your server at all.

What I'm worried about is that doing "postfix reload" will cause the
mail server to restart. According to some documentation on this
command, "postfix reload" causes postfix configuration files to be
re-read and running processes will terminate at the earliest
convenience.  Does anyone know if this will affect email services for
users?  There are 900 of them (not 100 like I previously thought) and
I don't want to cause a problem I don't know how to fix :L

Thanks
Berenice