[Techtalk] vitrual hosts and squirrelmail

Dennis Wheeler wheelers at eskimo.com
Wed Sep 10 11:02:51 EST 2003

Hello,

I'm administering a site that had one client and have successfully added a
second client via virtual hosts.

the first client is running squirrelmail and I'd like to set this up for
the second as well. (the first client is probably not actually using it
since it doesn't appear that imap is running, but I can get to the login
page on one site, but not the other).

Is this handled in the http.conf or squirrelmail.conf? I can't find where
or how it knows to make the login page available to one site or the other.

Do I need to install and run a second copy of squirrelmail for the second
client?

the squirrelmail.conf file only contains the single line:
  Alias /webmail /usr/share/squirrelmail

so for http://client_one.org/webmail -- I get the login page,
but for http://client_two.org/webmail -- I get an error page.

I'm confused,