[Techtalk] sendmail problem

JChandler jchandler at bectonschantz.com
Fri Sep 5 16:29:09 EST 2003

I was hoping that you could help me out on a problem that I am having with
sendmail.  It was running just fine before I installed the new Berkeley
database and OpenLdap.  They both installed just fine but now when I try to
restart sendmail I am receiving the error message:

Shutting down sendmail:                                    [FAILED]

Shutting down sm-client:                                   [FAILED]

Starting sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail: error while loading shared libraries:
lib

ldap.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

                                                           [FAILED]

Starting sm-client: /usr/sbin/sendmail: error while loading shared
libraries: li

bldap.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

In /usr/lib I have:

-rw-r--r--    1 root     root       273010 Dec 13  2002 libldap.a

-rw-r--r--    1 root     root       290254 Dec 13  2002 libldap_r.a

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           19 May  9 14:05 libldap_r.so ->
libldap_

r.so.2.0.17

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           17 May  9 14:05 libldap.so ->
libldap.so

.2.0.17

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           17 Sep  5 16:32 libldap.so.2 ->
libldap.

so.2.0.17

I am been working on this for hours now and I am getting frustrated.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason