[Techtalk] Office style checker

Tracey Grrl Geek grrliegeek at elenari.net
Thu Oct 30 17:27:36 EST 2003

And it was said by Karen Locke-->
> I never thought I'd say it, but I actually have a need for that
> obnoxious  style checker in Microsoft Office.

I've used MS Office for about 10 years, and Open / Star Office for about
a year. However, I'm not sure which feature you're talking about, even
after looking around in MS Office and it's help files. Which menu command
do you use to access it? Are you talking about the *grammar* checker?

FYI, I found something by accident in the Open Office Help file a while
ago that you will probably find as useful as I do, which is probably also
in Star Office's help files. It's a feature comparison between MS Office
& Open / Star Office. If you click on the Help Menu, go to the Index, and
look under Microsoft Office - feature comparison. It tells you how to
accomplish something you are used to doing in MSO within Star / Open
Office.

--
Tracey
Linux Counter #264789