[Techtalk] Modems

Noir acknak_halflife at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 30 08:43:34 EST 2003

At 01:48 AM 10/30/2003, alice wrote:
>On Wednesday 29 October 2003 15:11, Noir wrote:
> > At 06:26 PM 10/29/2003, Robin Hood wrote:
>Its a conspiracy I tell you.
<snip>

I bought this PC w/ much vigor from a Chinese vendor in Melbounre, AU. It
was one of the cheapest & best deal. But Linux (RHL 8.0) didn't detect my
modem & sound driver out of the box. So, I had to get external drivers for
both. Pain in the a$$ I tell you!

Does anyone know whether Optus Dial-up (optusnet.com.au) & Hello Prepaid
(hello.tellpacific.com.au) still allows connection from a Linux box?

Regards

---
Noir