[Techtalk] Web page downloads with null characters

Dan Richter daniel.richter at wimba.com
Mon Oct 27 10:42:37 EST 2003

> http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/iso-date
 >
> You can imagine my surprise when I was able
> to display the page correctly in a browser that did not work yesterday.
> According to Netscape, the page was modified yesterday afternoon.

Hmmm... it works for me now, too. I re-downloaded the page using wget
and I see no more null characters.

I had sent an e-mail to the webmaster right about that time but I never
got a reply. Maybe the page was changed in response to my e-mail (or
perhaps someone else's - someone who noticed before I did).

Well, thanks for your advice. Just think: we might have helped out the W3C!

--
    I'm actually hoping that [Linux] won't take more than 25 or 30%
    of the market. If Linux owned 95% of the market it would be