[Techtalk] directory handling with apache server

Brenda Bell k15a-list-linuxchix at theotherbell.com
Sun Oct 26 19:57:53 EST 2003

Quoting John Clarke <johnc+linuxchix at kirriwa.net>:

> you can give it a directory url without a trailing slash and it'll
> still work.

Off-topic and totally unrelated to the poster's original question... but I
remember reading somewhere that the trailing slash is more of a browser
(IE) optimization that anything else.  At least one recent version of IE
handles http://example.com differently that http://example.com/ where the
latter results in fewer round-trips.  I remember seeing the explanation
somewhere, but it was such a bogus idea, I ignored it and forgot it.

--
Brenda
http://opensource.theotherbell.com