[Techtalk] Need a software licensing expert

Brenda Bell k15a-list-linuxchix at theotherbell.com
Sat Oct 25 09:28:25 EST 2003

I wrote a Java date control for a personal project I was working on and
decided to release it to the public under the GPL.  I figured if I couldn't
find an existing one I really liked, others might be in the same boat.
Apparently I was correct, because I just received an email from someone
asking me if I would consider re-releasing it under LGPL.  I understand the
differences between the two licenses so there aren't any issues in that regard.

However, I can't find any information that definitively states that it's
legal to arbitrarily change the license from GPL to LGPL... or whether
there are any special steps I need to take in order to do so.

Does anyone have any good references on this stuff?

--
Brenda
http://opensource.theotherbell.com