[Techtalk] Secure Email cgi form

Kai MacTane kmactane at GothPunk.com
Tue Oct 7 10:13:44 EST 2003

At 10/7/03 01:31 AM , Rasjid Wilcox wrote:

>Can anyone recommend a (some?) safe and secure php or perl cgi script for
>sending email to a fixed address from a webpage form?

There's a series of drop-in replacements for scripts from Matt's Script
Archive, called "Not Matt's Scripts" (NMS for short). Found at
http://nms-cgi.sourceforge.net/, they include a FormMail replacement. Their
"compatible" version,
http://nms-cgi.sourceforge.net/formmail_compat-3.09c1/, should do what you
want -- the README file in that directory details the configuration, which
should make it clear that you can restrict the script's operation in all
kinds of groovy ways.

                                                 --Kai MacTane