[Techtalk] Secure Email cgi form

WolfRyder wolfryder at qwest.net
Tue Oct 7 13:57:03 EST 2003

Quoting Rasjid Wilcox <rasjidw at openminddev.net>:

> Can anyone recommend a (some?) safe and secure php or perl cgi script for
> sending email to a fixed address from a webpage form?
>
> I know there are lots of them, but I am in no position to immediately tell
> which ones are secure and which are not.  I would really hate to accidentally
>
> contribute to the spam problem by using a script that could be used as an
> open-relay.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rasjid.

I don't know if it's possible for you to set your server up this way, but @ work
my server isn't a mailserver, just a webserver. We set Sendmail to only point
"in" and it can only send through the local mailserver on our network. In fact,
the sendmail port is closed and can't be scanned/seen from "outside". Now when
I write a simple email script, it verifies all the fields, doesn't accept any
other fields and sends to the person who's email address is inbedded in the
script.

So far so good,
Carol