[Techtalk] slackware on laptops

iriXx dev_null at iriXx.org
Sun Oct 5 18:58:53 EST 2003

hi all
well i've ended up installing slackware 9.0 on my laptop mostly cos i
had to split a 10Gb drive and the copy i have is nice and compact at 2Gb
full install.

alls well so far except i'm having to figure out how to do things
without the usual Mandrake / RH based tools like linuxconf and without a
control centre....

need to find the modem on my machine... i can find its irq and io
settings but dont know how this translates to a ttyS or COM port
setting. its a lucent win modem (fun), under windows it is irq 11, io
3430-3437, mem 41300000 - 41300FFF.

theres a linmodems driver for the lucent win modem but i'm not sure if
this involves doing tricky stuff under slackware. i tried running its
install script but it complained it couldnt find the module, which was
in the same directory. i'm not sure if this will help things though as
slackware (kernel 2.4.20) seems to have picked up the modem on install
anyhow. its just a case of finding the right settings.

tanx...

m~

--

  ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_     HTTP 503: Too Busy

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are
subtle and will piss on your computer."
-- Bruce Graham

Musicians say No to RIAA Persecution and Prosecution of Music Lovers!

Sign the petition at http://www.copyleftmedia.org.uk/justsayno/

  .::. www.iriXx.org .::. www.copyleftmedia.org.uk .::.